Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mighty Literacies

Personal Information

Ida M. Rounds is a sixteen year resident of Laramie, Wyoming. She enjoys ice and roller skating and is learning how to ski. Hobbies are reading, crocheting, and playing the piano. Organizations involved with include the B.P.O. Does Drove #254, O.E.S. of Medicine Bow, St. Matthews, and St. Lukes Churches. She enjoys raising flowers in her summertime garden.

Ida has three children and three grandchildren. The newest grandchild is almost four months old now. Her name is Addison Grace Rounds. Christmas was so special this year with all the children and grandchild home.

Working with Special Needs Children has been a long time passion in inclusion in the classroom for Ida. She finds that the information gained while working towards a Reading Endorsement is helpful in working with these children. Posted by Ida M. Rounds at 8:40 PM 0 comments

2 comments:

Andrea Tuttle said...

Ida,
How long have you been working with special needs children? Where did you live before you moved to Laramie?
Andrea Tuttle

Mighty Literacies said...

Andrea,
I was born in Sturgis, So. Dak. Sixty miles east of Sturgis was the ranch/farm that I grew up on. There I attended a rural school for eight years. Then I graduated from high school in Belle Fource, South Dakota. After attending Black Hills Teachers College (as it was called then), I taught in a rural school for a year. I was married in April and moved to Custer, So. Dak. where I was a Jr. High reading and art teacher for a year. My husband was in the Forest Service so we were transferred to Elk, Nevada and eventually to the Tongass National Forest in Sitka, Alaska where we lived nineteen years until my husband retired. We then moved to Wyoming.

I have worked with Special Needs children in the classroom over seven years now. Ida Rounds